You are intelligent, good looking and a gift to the gene pool. This is not about you. Not even a little bit. You know that it is perfectly legal to desecrate an American flag. You also know that there is a Flag Code. It uses terms you may have forgotten. Terms such as “Respect,” “Prohibitions” and so on. In other words it’s not how you HAVE to behave but how you should. It’s kind of a long read but we can skip to the bottom and get to the important stuff.
- The flag should never be displayed upside down except as a sign of distress.
- The flag should never touch anything beneath it.
- The flag should never be worn or used as bedding or drapery.
- The flag must always be allowed to fall free and never displayed furled.
- The flag must not be marked with any insignia, letter, word, signature, picture or drawing.
- The flag may not be used for any advertising purposes; no advertising may be attached to a pole flying a flag.
- The image of the flag may not be printed, embroidered or otherwise impressed on anything designed for temporary use and discard. This includes napkins, paper plates and cups, packaging or stamps. (Exception: USA First-Class stamp, 41-cent 2007.)
- No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform; flag patches are allowed as part of the uniform of a federal, state, civic or patriotic organization.
Thee are, for reasons that baffle many, people who want to live here. People who want to take advantage of the opportunities our country provides. These people are called “immigrants.” If they want to become citizens they have to pass a test.
Here are some sample questions.
7. What do the stripes on the flag mean?
8. How many states are there in the Union?
9. What is the 4th of July?
10. What is the date of Independence Day?
11. Independence from whom?
12. What country did we fight during the Revolutionary War?
13. Who was the first President of the United States?
14. Who is the President of the United States today?
That is a selection from 100 questions. I am pleased to announce I got them all right.
There are several high school teachers who would be stunned at that.
Actually there are several close relatives who would be stunned at that. I made some bad life choices as a youth. By “some” I mean almost all of them.
I also made some good ones.
Taking 6 lesbians to a strip bar qualifies as both.
As you can tell we are discussing civics.
The nice folks over at Whatever took some time out of their busy day, specifically July 5, 2013, to interview a bunch of 20 somethings in California about the meaning of July 4th.
Literally everyone of these people could not qualify to be citizens if they came in from the outside
Allow me to apologize now if you clicked that link. But we are discussing stupid people so a Poison video seemed appropriate. Here is the description posted by the fun folks at Whatever.
I approached people asking to interview them about the Fourth of July for a funny YouTube video. I just selected the funny responses / clips. I wouldn’t take any of the interviews at face value, probably quite a few were tongue-in-cheek responses. I was out filming for hours, and I didn’t think making a video where a bunch of people answer these questions correctly (which there were plenty) would be particularly interesting or entertaining. Thanks to everyone who let me interview them, they were all great sports!
Here are the interviews.
I got a hate based email that started out with “In the 2013 years America has been a country …..” so there is a level of ignorant you may not be prepared for.
You don’t believe me?
Check out this list of mouth breathing morons who think that the lady who wrote me is 100% right.
This level of ignorance burns.
And the terminology is important. Stupid is a state of being unable to learn. These jag wads are unwilling.
And they want to foist their ignorance on our nation. Or, to be more correct, your nation. Simply put, your vote is the only way to stop them.
Just in case you were planning on staying home that day to Google midget porn.