Kids These Days

When the strippers get here we'll have family hour.
Kids all over the world get these completely wacky ideas and then bring them to the fore strictly for the wubba wubba reason that they wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba try and drive their wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba parents wubba wubba wubba wubba out of their ever wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba loving wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba DUB STEP!! HELL YEAH!!!!! Sorry, I’m okay now. I just sometimes have a Skrillex moment. I’m sure everyone can wubba wubba relate.

Of course kids tehse days aren’t just rushing to dub step, they’re rushing to get here in the first place. Deepti Hajeli reports that a baby was born on a New Jersey train.

A New Jersey woman got the morning commute of her life when she gave birth to her first child on a PATH commuter train to New York.

The 31-year-old woman, Rabita Sarkar of Harrison, N.J., said she had started feeling contraction-like pains, but didn’t think they were real because her baby wasn’t due yet. She and her 30-year-old husband decided to travel into the city to have her checked out Monday.

They didn’t want to drive and decided to take the train from Harrison into the city instead, thinking they could then take a taxi to Manhattan’s Roosevelt Hospital, where her doctors are.

‘This guy had other plans’

“It’s just that this guy had other plans, and he came out earlier,” Sarkar said as she held her infant son in her arms in the hospital. The couple declined to reveal the boy’s name or due date.

It was on the train ride that Sarkar started feeling her pains come more quickly, and she told her husband to check what was happening to her. He looked and saw that his son’s head had already started to come out.

With guidance from another woman on the train, her husband, identified in published reports as Aditya Saurabh, was able to deliver the baby around 10 a.m. Fellow riders offered encouragement, and the couple said one little girl offered her jacket to keep the baby warm.

PATH officials turned the train into an express, bypassing most stops so that it would get to its final stop, 33rd Street in midtown Manhattan, as soon as possible. Emergency services personnel met the train and took the family to the hospital.

The responding police officers said it wasn’t unusual for women to give birth in facilities run by the Port Authority.

The biggest issue was the winter temperature, around 30 degrees outside, and making sure the baby was warm, Sgt. Mike Barry said.

“That’s our biggest concern,” he said. “We know that baby’s body temperature is going to drop like a rock.”

For one of the responding officers, delivering a baby in these circumstances was something familiar — because it happened to him.

Officer Atiba Joseph-Cumberbatch said his son didn’t want to wait, either, and came out early — so Dad had to deliver him.

I guess it’s reassuring to know that this happens often enough that they have a plan in place.

But what about in a couple of years when that little tyke is walking and talking all by himself? Will he want the latest Tickle Me Elmo or a race car or space ship or a Skrillex EP or something else?

A young Milwaukee boy asked Santa for the coolest toy ever, a Koehler double flush toilet.

I s**t you not.

Some kids ask for Legos, others a train. But Dustin Kruse, 4, of New Berlin, Wisc., wanted something extra special this Christmas — a toilet.

Dustin Kruse loves toilets so much that it prompted one local company to grant the child’s wish for a top-of-line, double-flusher.

“They did it right after his fourth birthday. Delivered, installed it, everything,” said Michele Kruse on Newsradio 620 WTMJ’s Wisconsin’s Morning News.

Kruse said her son is so fascinated with toilets that he wanted to ask Santa for a particular type of Kohler toilet, a dual-flush brand that allows people to either make a full or a half flush.

According to the Journal Sentinel in Milwaukee, Dustin encountered his $380 porcelain dream during a trip to the Kohler Design Center where he was able to touch the high-end model.

“He flushed it,” Michele Kruse told the Journal Sentinel, “and he’s like, ‘Mom wouldn’t that be great if I could have this? Could you imagine all of the things I could do?’ And then he’s looking up in the air and he’s thinking. He’s like, ‘I am asking Santa Claus for this.'”

Dustin’s mom said she didn’t want to flush away her son’s hopes, so she wrote to Kohler, explaining her son’s interest — and Kohler obliged.

Michele Kruse called her son’s fascination a mere interest and far from an obsession.

As she put it: “It’s fun.”

Fun? Really? Milwaukee must have fallen further away from civilization than I feared.

But he question you’re all asking is this; “what kind of teenager blossoms from a toilet loving toddler?”

The kind that goes next door and kills their neighbor and then writes what a cool thing murder is.

A Missouri teenager who admitted stabbing, strangling and slitting the throat of a young neighbor girl wrote in her journal on the night of the killing that it was an “ahmazing” and “pretty enjoyable” experience — then headed off to church with a laugh.

The words written by Alyssa Bustamante were read aloud in court Monday as part of a sentencing hearing to determine whether she should get life in prison or something less for the October 2009 murder of her neighbor, 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, in a small town west of Jefferson City.

Bustamante, 18, sat silently — occasionally glancing at those testifying about her, often looking down or to the side — as law enforcement officers, attorneys and forensics experts read aloud her inner most thoughts that she had recorded as a 15-year-old high school sophomore.

The most poignant part of Monday’s testimony came when a handwriting expert described how he was able to see through the blue ink that Bustamante had used in an attempt to cover up her original journal entry on the night of Elizabeth’s murder. He then read the entry aloud in court:

“I just f—— killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they’re dead. I don’t know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the “ohmygawd I can’t do this” feeling, it’s pretty enjoyable. I’m kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now…lol.”

The journal entry was presented to the judge not long after Elizabeth’s mother and other relatives pleaded with Cole County Circuit Judge Pat Joyce to impose the maximum sentence. Bustamante pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action last month and faces at most a sentence of life in prison with a chance for parole. The least she could get is 10 years.

Elizabeth’s mother, Patty Preiss, described her daughter as “happy, little girl,” when she left her home about 5 p.m. after begging to go play with Bustamante’s younger sister. Preiss said she told Elizabeth to be back for dinner at 6 p.m. but never saw her again.

“So much has been lost at the hands of this evil monster,” Preiss tearfully said, with Bustamante sitting several feet away. “Elizabeth was given a death sentence and we were given a life sentence.”

With Bustamante looking at her, Preiss said: “I hate her, I hate everything about her.” The judge cut off her testimony when she described Bustamante as “not even human.”

FBI agents seized the journal from Bustamante’s bedroom during a search of her family’s home the day after Elizabeth went missing as hundreds of volunteers scoured the rural area around St. Martin’s.

Bustamante suggested to FBI and the Missouri State Highway Patrol officials that the girl had probably been kidnapped and that whoever had done so deserved to be convicted.

At one point, law enforcement officers discovered a hole in the ground in the shape of a shallow grave near Bustamante’s home. They testified that Bustamante acknowledged digging it but said she just liked to dig holes. It was only later that Elizabeth’s body was found concealed under leaves in another grave in the woods behind the Bustamante home.

At a hearing in 2009, Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. David Rice testified that the teenager told him “she wanted to know what it felt like” to kill someone.

Defense attorneys Monday highlighted Bustamante’s troubled childhood as part of their argument about why she should receive leniency. They referred to numerous references in her journal in the two months before the murder, describing her suicidal feelings and the urge to hurt herself and others.

At one point Bustamante had written that she intended to burn down a house and kill all the occupants, but she never followed through with that. On Oct. 14, one week before Elizabeth’s slaying, Bustamante had written that she was unable to use her cell phone because the charger had died, which meant she couldn’t talk to anyone about the depression and rage she was feeling.

“If I don’t talk about it, I bottle it up, and when I explode someone’s going to die,” she wrote in a journal that was read to the court by her defense attorney, Charlie Moreland.

Yeah, that was a bit of a dark turn. Even so, if your kid develops an unhealthy toilet fetish, you might want to keep this in mind.

Down the road a bit in Madison a man didn’t read his lottery numbers correctly and almost threw away a ticket worth $14.3 million. But he didn’t and now he can get a kidney and so on. It’s one of those tear jerking stories I avoid like the plague.

But I figured you might need a pick me up after the young lady above.

Of course when I need a pick me up or a good laugh I just aim my mouse south of the Mason Dixon line and see what pops up. Police in Savannah Georgia had just the thing for me today.

Authorities say a Georgia man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the leg at a Savannah gun show.

Police say 26-year-old Charles Lake was leaving the gun show at the Savannah Civic Center around 5:10 p.m. Sunday when he discharged a round into his leg while re-loading his pistol.

Savannah-Chatham police spokesman Julian Miller says Lake bought the pistol at the gun show on Saturday and had returned Sunday to purchase another gun. Police say he was re-loading the pistol in the parking lot because loaded guns weren’t allowed inside the gun show.

The Savannah Morning News reports Lake was taken to Memorial University Medical Center with an injury not considered life-threatening. No other injuries were reported.

Savannah-Chatham police are investigating the incident.

Wait, really? He was in the parking lot of a gun show and didn’t feel safe until he loaded his gun? So he had to fumble around with a weapon in said parking lot instead of just going home and being able to reload the gun safely? And if he was so worried why didn’t he leave one gun locked and loaded in the car?

I’m sure the Savannah police all had a good laugh after they stopped the bleeding.


Listen to Bill McCormick on WBIG AM 1280, every Friday morning around 9:10!

Related posts